Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lessons Learnt

How was your weekend? I did the most embarrassing thing a social animal such as myself could do; I went to bed at 9.30pm on Friday. A Friday night spent in bed is sign of a non-existent social life. On the plus side it meant that I got up at 6am the next morning, cleaned the whole house and did the laundry (ok, I supervised), it was followed by brunch at Le Saison. I had a chicken salad sandwich, coke, and a fruit scone (meanwhile I am meant to be on a diet). Cue in more aimless chilling at friends’ houses and generally doing nothing. Went to an incredibly boring party on Saturday night. A bit odd, as everyone was there, yet it was just very dull. Clubbing afterwards could not rescue the night. Sunday was a blur of nothingness.

I have accepted a new job offer, and will be handing in my resignation letter today (I’m a bit anxious I must admit), but what's really important is coordinating a new wardrobe for my new job (lol). First impressions counts, bad one's are never forgiven. I think a shopping trip in Europe is required. I am going for a more serious look this time round (especially after my new boss commented on my too casual look when I went in to sign the new contract, what's wrong with ‘trad’, teamed up with a pair of simple Gucci thongs?). Anyway, I am looking at dark suits paired with white and blue. And a lot more subtle accessories, less designers.

I am listening to a song called Lessons Learned by Carrie Underwood, and I think I should use it as a thought theme today. What lessons have I learnt so far in life? Hmm… off the top of my head, drinking on an empty stomach = less money spent trying to get drunk.

No comments: